Thursday, March 14, 2013

Love In A Box

i got a package today!!!!!!  from my lovely and generous friends matt and maren mullin in park city.  my friends in park city are fantastic.  they divided up the time i am gone and agreed to each send a package once/month.  so kind and sweet and full of love! i am a lucky gal.  today's package had all kinds of fun surprises.  tasty treats, practicalities (like office supplies, gummy vitamins, and a quick-clot cloth sponge.  hopefully i will never need that sponge!!  :)  ), and comfort things such as burt's bees foot lotion and spa socks.  too sweet.  i immediately shared the treats with my office-mates...making one of the russians eat a peep...he's never seen them before, and he liked it!  so much love coming from one little box.  well, one very generous box!!  and a big thank you to russian customs for letting it get to me!  fingers crossed the package from my mom will be just as lucky!

tonight was a very emotional night in room 1441-1443.  Big Fish was on the tv...on one of the few english-channel stations on my hotel tv.  the other english stations are the expected news stations, and of course, eurosport!  so, i can watch dramatic news magazine shows, the nordic combined, or whatever random movie is on the movie channel. and tonight it was Big Fish.  i love that film.  it's one of the few that i actually own.  i cry every time i see it, and tonight was no exception.  it is a film about learning to forgive, learning to see, learning to love.  a son learning to understand, and forgive and love his father.  such a sweet film.  it's not perfect, but i love it, probably because of that.  and it has the sweetest song from pearl jam as the credits role..."man of the hour."  and it always makes me think of my parents.  and how much i love them.  and how much i don't want to lose them.  i believe we will all live forever and ever and ever.  cuz i can't bear thinking about it any other way.  i admit it, i was reminded of how important it is to love...from a digital box in my hotel room.

and then i downloaded a bunch of music (ok, it was all pearl jam) and some other movies about living and loving to the fullest...Buck, the documentary about an amazingly kind and generous horse-trainer, and Beasts of the Southern Wild.  whenever i hear pearl jam i think of my high school friends, and my dear friend seamus who lives in berlin with his family, but mostly about my brother-in-law brian who probably loves pearl jam almost as much as he loves my sister.  ha ha!  so tonight i'm listening to pearl jam on repeat...the songs "man of the hour" and "just breathe."

and i'm thinking about my fantastic cousin ariana, who writes a blog that was more than a little inspiring for me to keep this one, and who is thriving from depression.  i say thriving, because she is, to me, right now, the opposite of suffering.  she has done that.  she has suffered, but right now it seems like she is taking all these lessons she has learned in the past year through her struggles and is thriving from them. learning to love and forgive and understand herself, her family and friends, and the world around her.  and i'm loving being reminded to do those things, too, by reading about her journeys.

whew!!  ok, enough emotional talk.  i can't blow my nose anymore tonight!  here are some fun pics from my package from maren and matt.  like i said, so much love from that little box.

so happy to see this!!


even happier to see this!!!  and so was my colleague mike, who has been craving cookies!

kirill enjoying his first peep! he sits across from me, and we work closely together on the big show.

office supplies!!!  including the cutest tape measure i have ever seen.  nice work gallery mar!

this is just for fun...this is what i was doing when the argentinian pope was announced last night...even though i'm not catholic, or anything else hardly, it still is quite a historical event, and important to many people in my life, therefore important to me, too.  and i won't forget where i was when it happened!

oh i'm a lucky man, to count on both hands
the ones i love...
some folks have just one, 
yeah, others, they've got none, huh-uh...

those are some of the lyrics from "just breathe"...and yes, i am a lucky one indeed.  i have a lot of ones i love.


No comments:

Post a Comment